ProCredit Bank clients can perform some of their banking transactions using a unique electronic signature.
What is an electronic signature?*
An electronic signature is like your own personal signature, yet it is created electronically via a special device.
An electronic signature is created:
- at any ProCredit Bank Branch upon provision a banking services
- by a customer signing a contract which they alone are authorised to sign
- the electronic signature is created using a special device called a “Sign Pad"
Legal basis and consequences of electronic signature
- In accordance with the law, electronic signatures have the same legal effect as normal signatures on paper
- An electronic signature confers the same rights and obligations on the bank and its clients as signatures on paper documents It is possible to verify the authenticity of an electronic signature and the identity of a signatory
- Documents signed with an electronic signature are original documents, whereas printed documents are copies of electronic documents.
Unique personal data of electronic signature
An electronic signature contains all of the unique characteristics of a signature, such as visual features, time of signing, pressure applied by a pen, pen acceleration, direction of pen stroke and number of breaks in a signature.
Security and safety
ProCredit Bank employs internationally recognised best practices and technical specifications and complies with regulations of the National Bank of Georgia to ensure that electronic signatures and their unique data remain secure, valid and intact.
- Documents are protected against changes – no changes can be made to the documents or their content after they are signed
- An electronic signature is used only on documents which have been directly certified by the person signing them
- An electronic signature cannot be used on any other document
How to receive an electronically signed document
In order to receive an original copy of electronically signed documents, please visit the portal http://www.esds.com.ge/ created by the National Bank of Georgia. Electronic documents can be downloaded within 5 calendar days. Select ProCredit Bank to download an electronic document, enter the 10-digit document identifier code* and the password (4-digit code)*.
*Information about the codes is sent to the client via SMS. The codes also are printed on the document. sign-pad-photo_400
Please keep downloaded documents in a safe place.
* Article 2 (e) of the law of Georgia on Electronic Signature and Electronic Documents:
“Electronic signature is a set of data created by a signatory through a special device reflecting the signatorys connection to an electronic document.