If you plan to save money for your children until they come of age, our Child Deposit Account will allow you to save by making periodic deposits until your child, grandchild or other young relative reaches adulthood.
- Initial minimum deposit requirement - 300 GEL, 200 USD/EUR
- Period - the beneficiary must turn 18 years old by the end of the deposit period
- The amount and frequency of all subsequent payments to the deposit accounts have no restrictions;
- Child Deposit earns the highest interest rate
- Child deposit has flexible conditions for termination of the deposit agreement
Nominal and effective interest rates*
Interest is accrued on the Child Deposit every 12 months starting from the date of the deposit. It is added to the principal amount and then to the increased amount of the subsequent period.
Early termination of the agreement - if the agreement is terminated prematurely, full interest will be added to the deposit for each completed year, and GEL-0.75%, USD-0.5%, EUR-0.25% - for the remaining term.
For example, if you opened a deposit for 8 years but terminated the agreement after 5 years and 3 months, you will be paid full interest for 5 years and 0.75% p.a. for the remaining 3 months.
Note: the bank reserves the right to change the interest rate on the child deposit at any time.
Any person is eligible to open the deposit, but only a parent or legal guardian is eligible to manage the deposit account.